Supported boards based on ARM Architecture
- Orange Pi PC Plus (Wifi module supported in Access Point and Client modes and installation on 8GB MMC onboard supported)
- Orange Pi R1 (Wifi module supported in Access Point and Client modes and 2 Ethernet 10/100)
- Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B (Wifi module supported in Access Point and Client modes)
- Orange Pi Zero (Wifi module supported in Access Point and Client modes)
- Orange Pi PC
- Orange Pi Plus/Plus2 (Wifi module supported in Access Point and Client modes; installation on internal 16GB MMC supported)
Hardware needed to run ZeroShell on x86 and x86_64 architectures
Zeroshell works on x86 and x86_64 box with at least a Pentium 233MHz, 96MB RAM, an ATA CDROM reader or an ATA Compact Flash (CF) adapter if you prefer to boot from this type of medium (for example on embedded devices).
Every VGA graphic card and RS232 serial port are supported.
The database in which data and configuration are saved can be stored on IDE, SATA, SCSI and USB storage devices.
All the PCI, USB and PCMCIA network cards supported by the Linux kernel are supported by ZeroShell too and should work correctly. For a few Network adapters, Linux has not support for VLAN 802.1q. In this case ethernet packets greater than 1496 bytes are not forwarded on the VLANs.
Hardware tested and known to work
- APU2 (models: apu2c2 and apu2c4).
- APU (models: apu1c and apu1c4) much recommended as evolution for those who use ALIX
- ALIX.2* with 256MB of RAM, AMD Geode LX CPU 500MHz processor and MiniPCI expansion slots
- Soekris Net5501 produced by Soekris Engineering is faster than Net4801. Look at this How-To.
- Soekris Net6501
- Appliance UTM2 (Dual Core Atom Rack Mountable by www.firewallhardware.it)
Tested hardware to build UMTS/HSDPA routers
- Alix 6b2 embedded PC with 1 MiniPCI Express and 2 SIM slots
- UMTS/HSDPA modems with MiniPCI Express interface: Novatel 5520 Mobile, Sierra Wireless MC8775
- UMTS/HSDPA modems with USB interface: Huawei E220, Huawei E172, Huawei E169, Onda MT503HS, Sierra 595u, Huewei E160G, Vodafone K3565 3G USB Modem (UK)
- Cellular phone with USB data cable: N7010