Forum Replies Created
June 18, 2018 at 11:36 am in reply to: Zeroshell 3.9.0 – problem with many (not all) TLS secured websites #64118
Same problem with plain live image 3.9.0 – so i think its an internal problem, not in the packages. See the other post from Jean… I switch back to 3.8.2.
The problem was the “Service Name” into the PPPoE Configure Page. I named the Service “VDSL Verbindung”. The blank “VDSL_Verb…” is no longer supportet, i change the name to “VDSL” and it works with 3.9.0.
I also have problems with the NetBalancer in the new version, see this entry:
Edit: I take it all back… the netbalancer don’t work correctly in zs 3.3.2 with ppp connections. After the kill cron in the night, the netbalancer take the connection to the state “standby” (wight is upper = no standby for this connection). When disable the second connection (backup) go the state from standby to fault! (ppp connect is up! only the netbalancer report error for this connection to any test ip (TEST) => [126.96.36.199] : ERROR)
I disable the netbalancer in my productive environment as workaround.
I think i found the configuration solution:
old ZS Release 3.2.x and older working the netbalancer perfect with the option in the ppp0 configure:
Autostart the connection: “Yes”
In the newer Releas 3.3.x working the netbalancer after a disconnect only with this option in the ppp0 configure:
Autostart the connection: “On Net Balancer Fault”
In the configure page i see the note:
Note: Autostart the connection [On Net Balancer Fault] works if the PPPoE interface belongs to the Gateway Pool configured in the Net Balancer.
the cron with “killall pppd” works nice in all ZS versions but isn’t work in 3.3.x
The reconnect works, but the net balancer not notice this the connection was rebuilt = the connection remains on the status failed.
(In Germany kill the most ISP’s the connection after 24 hours)
I have in NetBalancer for this connection remove the hook “UP” and sit down again, then it works again and the connection is set to active.
In the logs I find no clue why the NetBalancer the connection no longer recognizes:
starting the killall pppd cron:
14:52:20 Terminating on signal 15
14:52:20 Connect time 364.7 minutes.
14:52:20 Sent 210239120 bytes, received 2857866466 bytes.
14:52:20 Connection terminated.
14:52:25 pppd 2.4.3 started by root, uid 0
14:52:25 Using interface ppp0
14:52:25 Connect: ppp0 /dev/pts/0
14:52:27 PAP authentication succeeded
14:52:27 local IP address [clean_IP]
14:52:27 remote IP address [clean_IP]
14:52:20 PPPoE connection lost; attempting re-connection.
14:52:28 [ICMP] No link detected with the gateway (VDSL)
14:52:28 [ICMP] FAULT: VDSL (Interface: ppp0) [Last Uptime: 6h 4m 17s]
14:52:28 Default Route has been changed: nexthop via 192.168.4.1 weight 1 realm 100
14:53:44 (TEST) ==============================================================
14:53:44 (TEST) GATEWAY : DEFAULT GATEWAY (192.168.4.1)
14:53:44 (TEST) => [188.8.131.52] : Success (Round Trip Time: 63.0 ms)
14:53:44 (TEST) => [184.108.40.206] : Success (Round Trip Time: 59.2 ms)
14:53:44 (TEST) => [220.127.116.11] : Success (Round Trip Time: 62.3 ms)
14:53:44 (TEST) GATEWAY : VDSL (ppp0)
14:53:47 (TEST) => [18.104.22.168] : ERROR
14:53:50 (TEST) => [22.214.171.124] : ERROR
14:53:53 (TEST) => [126.96.36.199] : ERROR
14:53:53 (TEST) ==============================================================
14:53:53 [ICMP] Failover monitor has started
14:54:29 [ICMP] Failover monitor has started
14:54:31 Default Route has been changed: nexthop dev ppp0 weight 2 realm 101
14:54:33 [ICMP] Failover monitor has started
I must agree. After update to 2.0 RC1 ppoe become not connect!. I switch back to beta16…
Please inform if the error-corrected.
09:48:05 pppd 2.4.3 started by root, uid 0
09:48:05 Using interface ppp0
09:48:05 Connect: ppp0 /dev/pts/0
09:48:20 LCP terminated by peer
09:48:20 Modem hangup
09:48:20 Connection terminated.
09:48:25 pppd 2.4.3 started by root, uid 0
09:48:25 Using interface ppp0
09:48:25 Connect: ppp0 /dev/pts/0
09:48:56 LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
09:48:56 Connection terminated.
09:48:56 Using interface ppp0
09:48:56 Connect: ppp0 /dev/pts/1
09:49:01 tcflush failed: Bad file descriptor