Forum Replies Created
A bit more info would be useful. 😀
Is your router a linux box ? Cisco ?
The “router” section of the GUI might not show a static entry for the default gateway and clicking on the default gw button will most likely return an empty field (mine is like that).
However if your dhcp is configured correctly on the router the ZS GUI should display a default gateway entry in the routing table.
Worked for me too.
Did as bhumin stated. Works great.
Thing to remember:
1. the full or complete path to the ccd directory (see bhumin’s post)
2. the file name has to be the same as the client’s CN. This can be determined in the X.509 CA section, selecting a user and clicking on manage. The user’s CN is at the top.
Will give it a try.
But how would I do it in Zeroshell ? It’s not a standard openvpn install.
I’ve added this to the ZS Openvpn command line parameters (via GUI):
Then went to /DB/_DB.001/var/register/system/openvpn and created a ccd directory. I then created a file that matches it CN of a specific client (ie:patient) in the ccd directory. Added this line to the file:
Ahhhh, you were right. I had typed sdc1 instead of sdc …
OMG I feel stupid now … I guess it’s good to be humbled every now and then. 🙂
Anyways, thanks so much for your help.
Thanks for the reply Fulvio.
I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. Here’s a breakdown of my steps:
1. Downloaded CF card image to USB stick (from a WinXP PC)
2. Boot another PC with Knoppix.
3. This PC is equipped with a monitor that has a CF card reader.
4. The 512M industrial CF card is plugged in the monitor’s card port and my USB stick is plugged in a usb port before I boot with Knoppix.
5. I copy the compressed (downloaded image) to the local hardrive (this PC has WinXP on its hard drive but I’m booted using Knoppix LiveCD)
6. Using gunzip I decompress the image
7. Using dd, I copy the image over the the CF card (seen as /dev/sdc1)
8. Power off the PC and uplug the CF card
9. Plug the CF card into the mini-pc and power it up.
10. You know the rest.
I’ve tried this with both images and even tried dd for windows. I haven’t tried older versions of ZeroShell.
Any hints ?
I tried both image versions. Still no go. I continue to get the GRUB letters at the top left of the screen and a flashing cursor.
I noticed a thread (see link below) that might help but I’m unsure on how to try what he’s done.