ZS doesn’t see tethered Sierra Wireless 754S

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking ZS doesn’t see tethered Sierra Wireless 754S

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jharp 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jharp

New to ZS. Booting 2.0 RC1 on a Lanner FW-7535 from USB drive. Drivers for 754S are already installed, though not the latest version. Two drivers – “sierra” and “sierra_net”. The later supports the “direct ip” capabilities of this device, which are what I am interested in.

From CLI, if I go to shell and type “dhclient wwan0”, 754S becomes available as wwan0. If I “ifconfig” I see it. Back in CLI, if I “show routing table” I see it. If I “show network interface” it is not listed. If I launch “ip manager” it is not listed.

From web GUI, the message board works and update works, but wwan0 is not listed on network tab. And since it is not seen by ZS I cannot proceed with configuring ZS to use it.

Am I doing something wrong, or are there additional steps I need to take?

Will mention that on current Ubuntu systems, I have successfully used this device with supplied drivers and newest drivers. But I had to disable Network Manager and add rules to udev to handle hotplugging using ifupdown.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jharp

Update…

I added a pre boot script

:>/etc/iftab
    modprobe sierra_net
    ifrename -i wwan0 -n ETH06

I used ETH06 because Lanner has 6 ethernet ports which ZS sees as ETH00-ETH05, so I decided to try using next available ETH number based on ZS naming convention.

From the CLI, I see ETH06 from shell (ifconfig) and “show network interface”, but not from “ip manager”.

And I do not see ETH06 using web GUI.

What do I need to do to get Web GUI to see ETH06?

Can the code/script that ZS uses to enumerate through network interfaces be modified? If yes, where is it located?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.