ZeroShell WLAN-Bridge: ping to WLAN client not possible

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell ZeroShell WLAN-Bridge: ping to WLAN client not possible

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  seppl 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

seppl

Hi there,
    first of all: Thank you Fulvio for this wonderful tool. It is running on an ALIX.3C3, but headless and is working good.
    My issue is: I have set up two ZeroShell-Boxes to connect two LANs via WLAN. I created a bridge on both devices, including the WiFi-Card an the onboard-eth. LAN A has .16.0, LAN B has .5.0, AP has .21.2, client has .21.3. Routers in LAN A an B have an additional NIC to route to the 21.x-Network.

LAN A

ZS AP ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ZS Client

LAN B.

The problem is: in Wifi-Manger I can see the client connected (54 MBit) and can see its MAC-adress, but I can’t ping the wifi-client form the ap-box – nothing happens. No timeout, no “…unreachable…”, nothing. (well, nothing happens since I manually updated the arp-cache on the ap-box, as there was no entry for the client. There has been a “Destination Host unreachable”-Message) before I set up the arp-entry.
    I haven’t checked pinging the AP from the client as I need a key for the door to plug the network in…
    Are there any known issues with pinging over WiFi?
    Or is there a complete fail in setting things up as I did?

Kind regards

sepp

btw: made a (more or less) fancy drawing of the network components, any suggestions where I can upload the image?

seppl

Hi there,
    as I was at the location today I tried different things and the only solution to get it working was to delete the bridge on the wifi-client.
    The bridge stuck in the “Learning state” so it wasn’t able to forward things. I removed the wifi-interface and the eth and both of them have different IPs now.
    It’s perfect: I can ping the AP from the client and vice versa.
    With a few routes set up both routers on the endpoints can ping each other via the zs-boxes.

Kind regards

seppl

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.