zeroshell vs lessnetworks

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell zeroshell vs lessnetworks

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  nrandom 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

nrandom

Because I haven’t been able to make zeroshell work properly, (my fault not zeroshell’s), a couple of teachers are trying to persuade me to switch to lessnetworks and give it a try.

Is there anyone out there that has tried both and could give me an opinion.

I really hate to give up on zeroshell, but I have to have wifi running by August.

thanks

saadakhtar

i tried lessnetworks and found the setup to be easy, a little too easy (too good to be true). You will not need to do any configuration other than signing up on the lessnetworks website and once the system boots you type in your lessnetworks username and password and thats it. However you cannot limit users to your network. Anyone who signs up on lessnetworks can sign on to your WISP (provided that they are in your coverage area). Captive Portal customization is limited. All changes to the hotspot controller are made through the lessnetworks website.
    To control users you will need to purchase some kind of premium lessnetworks plan.
    I have found ZeroShell to be the best option since it is totally scalable. Once ZeroShell achieves multi-wan capability it will no doubt be the best gateway controller to date.

nrandom

thanks for the reply. I agree with your comments. I had pressure on me to try something else. Now, I have zeroshell working they have shutup.

thanks again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.