ZeroShell VMWare : Reboot or Saving a profiles causes Crash

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell ZeroShell VMWare : Reboot or Saving a profiles causes Crash

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jackbauer32 9 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

jackbauer32

Hello Everybody,

I have a Server on which I have several Virtual Machine running on VMWare ESX Server 3i version 3.5.0 … and all the machines on this server are running fine.

But When I install ZeroShell on a virtual machine with a virtual disk (8gb) and when I reboot it or save a profile , it doesn’t reboot correctly , all i get is black screen with a blinking cursor … any ideas ? Thanks a lot for your answers !

ppalias

Which image are you using?

jackbauer32

I am using this : VMWare Virtual Machine 1.0.beta12 May 26, 2009 ZeroShell-1.0.beta12-VMWARE.zip

ppalias

Try to run your VM by booting from the virtual CD rom using the .iso image. You can use the hard disc to store the profiles. Check if it has the same behavior.

jackbauer32

This is exactly what I do now ! I have upload the iso on the datastore of my server , and create a new disc in SCSI 0:0 and when I try to save a profile , it crash … Black screen with a fixed underscore …

ppalias

Sounds like a problem to write on the disk. If you insert a USB stick and share it from ESX to the host VM, will you then be able to write the profile on it?

jackbauer32

I’ll try this solution and I’ll tell you

jackbauer32

I can’t mount a usb on ESXi server 🙁 i don’t know how to do it 🙁

ppalias

I’m afraid I can’t help you on that, as I don’t know much about ESX.

aviegas

ESXi does not support USB devices to be attached like the Server or Desktop versions do, so using a USB drive with VMWare is hard.

The best way is to do all the testing under VMWare Desktop, then select a supported configuration (no USB for example) and then migrate to the ESX/ESXi server.

I’m considering creating a test image with several virtual interfaces and then remove the ISO image. Then the user can just place the ISO in the directory and it will boot fine out of the box.

jackbauer32

@aviegas wrote:

The best way is to do all the testing under VMWare Desktop, then select a supported configuration (no USB for example) and then migrate to the ESX/ESXi server.

I don’t quite understand what is VMWare Desktop and what you mean here. Could you please give me some details?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.