Zeroshell the right solution for my dual-WAN requirement?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Zeroshell the right solution for my dual-WAN requirement?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  qeldroma 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

qeldroma

Hello all,

I am new to zeroshell and stumbled across it as I was searching for a small money dual wlan failover solution.

As I am not sure, if the failover monitoring is really getting the point, I would like to ask you for your experiences.

Situation:
    I’ve got two uplinks.
    One is a commercial wireless 802.11 connection (main link), the second is a UMTS/LTE connection (fallback).

The problem is:
    There, where this has to take place, no wired WAN is availlable. Only both mentioned options.

Unfortunately, the commercial WIFI connection has got very bad latencies some times so that VOIP is unusable.
    If that is the case, I want to failover to the costly UMTS/LTE connection for the time, the latency is high.

Question:
    Is the failover monitoring able to react on latencies? Because the ping is always working, no loss visible…

Thx & best regards
    QD

jpJxPhOuhvqc
    Participant

It only switches on failure but you could add in a rule for the ports or IP addresses of your VoIP service to always send it over the backup route.

We have a site with a cable connection (which is fast but fails multiple times a day) and a backup ADSL line which is stable but slow.

The main office traffic is left normal going over the cable connection as main and only failing over to the ADSL when the cable connection fails.

However there are three TCP connections on 3 ports that we have a rule to always send over the backup ADSL line. These connections can’t be (or as little as possible) interrupted so it is preferable to send them over the backup all the time.

Tom – http://www.mouselike.org

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.