ZeroShell RAID1

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell ZeroShell RAID1

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  reaperz 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

reaperz

Hello

Is there any way of getting software RAID1 working for ZeroShell router? Like using mdadm or something. I need this for redundancy. So far main reason why I have ZeroShell routers stopped working have been hard disk failures.

I am using small Mini-ITX Atom mainboards and there is only one PCI that is used for multi port network cards. So using hardware RAID is not an option. And proper hardware card RAID would be much more expensive (and also single point of failure).

reaperz

I did find this FAQ:

https://www.zeroshell.org/faq/storage/

“Instead, if a RAID controller is not used and you wish to create RAID software, then you must remember that the current releases of ZeroShell don’t offer this possibility because they don’t manage md (multiple devices).”

So, any plan for supporting software RAID? It has been available for Linux for years. I have been using mdadm successfully (both RAID5 and RAID1) since 2007.

reaperz

Other reasons I have lost my routers have been mainboard failure and power supply failure, here comes the question: Is there any possibility for clustering? Like with VRRP or something?

Any other suggestions welcome, how to increase redundancy.

reaperz

If there is no clustering option in Zeroshell, maybe running it in VMware or similar? And have 2 VM hosts and have vmotion or similar HA technique?

Has anyone tested it out?

at least in Virtualbox Zeroshell works fine, using it all the time. But have not tried any HA.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.