July 20, 2018 at 4:49 am #64225Olivier NicoleParticipant
I am in the process of upgrading the network in the condo where I live: the actual commercial solution is a shame, hangs when there is 2 users downloading YouTube, always send duplicate ping reply (!), etc.
I am considering building an solution on APU2C4, but I need more advises:
– do I need mSATA SSD disk? What size, 16, 30 or 60GB? or better an external hard disk?
– will it support about 100 users and about 50Mbps WAN? NAT + Captive Portal? (I think yes)
– how will it work in 30 degree C temperature?
– this is about ZeroShell, does it now support full localization (I live in Thailand)?
– can captive portal be configured to not use HTTPS (username and passwords are the apartment number, zero security there, that would avoid problem with accepting the certificate)?
Any other idea is welcome, since I am using a very ancient version of ZeroShell.
Thanks in advance.
September 15, 2018 at 5:03 pm #64398CybernolParticipant
- This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Olivier Nicole.
I’m using the APU2C4 from the beginning and back teham Fulvio had to adjust the loader for it.
but all new versions work great.
Best is using an mSata SSD disk I have some of 16Gb and those are plenty of space to work with.
You can use SD but those cards breakdown much faster than the mSATA and are not so reliable.
the Temp of 30C is not an issue you have to be sure to mound the heatsink correct in the case for the cpu.
I use the english version so can’t say about localization.
The APU2 is powerfull and can handle 50 Mbit easy. but if you do special things like filtering firewall rules that could use cpu but I don’t think you will notice the impact of it.
I’m not using the captive portal and if i read your msg why would you use it 😉
ArnoldSeptember 20, 2018 at 12:20 am #64410mclienParticipant
ok, I might be blind, but HOW do you actually install it?
Just dd the image to the SD card and boot?September 23, 2018 at 10:18 pm #64426CybernolParticipant
Well make an USB version and insert it in the APU system.
using the serial interface during boot press F10 and select the USB.
After an while you get the installer and follow that.
let me know if that works for you.
Else I can post an img that you can put on a SD card.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.