Zeroshell not displaying onboard NICS

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Zeroshell not displaying onboard NICS

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  bigfishinnet 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bigfishinnet

Hello Zeroshell forum, I am just starting to understand zeroshell and I have a question. I am by far an expert on Linux and all things computing!

So I have 5 NICs on my server 2 onboard intel and 3 Realtek on a pci daughter board.

Only the 3 Realtek are shown in the gui? Can anyone advise why this is so? Is it an Issue I need to worried about?

Thanks in advance.

Stephen

root@zeroshell root> lspci | grep Ethernet
    02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
    03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
    05:04.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8110SC/8169SC Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)
    05:06.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8110SC/8169SC Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)
    05:07.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8110SC/8169SC Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)

mgibbons

Well its an issue if you want to use them!

I can only assume that the current E1000 that is included in Zeroshell does not recognise that particular flavour of Intel nic.

Hopefully (for you) the next beta might have an updated kernel and latest E1000 driver.

KR’s

Mark

bigfishinnet

@mgibbons wrote:

Well its an issue if you want to use them!

Yes – want all (5 Nics) singing and dancing router. Would much rather use intel and Realtek as well.

@mgibbons wrote:

I can only assume that the current E1000 that is included in Zeroshell does not recognise that particular flavour of Intel nic.

Hopefully (for you) the next beta might have an updated kernel and latest E1000 driver.

OK Can any of the developers confirm this or do I need to add it (82574L) to a wish list?

Although it looks like this issue has ben around for some time?

See http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5525&sid=57c84c69122c6e0f5b85acdcd519097f

Stephen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.