Zeroshell not booting on Hyper-V

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Zeroshell not booting on Hyper-V

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  sierramike 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

sierramike
    Participant

Hi,

I already experienced this in the past, and managed to install an old version (3.4.x).

Now I decided to give it a new try, and installed Zeroshell 3.9.3 on a Hyper-V VM, Windows 2012 R2 host, HP DL380G6 physical hardware, worked like a charm.

Then wanted to install it on another host, also Windows 2012 R2, but physical HP DL380G5, got the same issue as in the past : stuck when displaying “Booting the kernel.”

Had to revert to version 3.8.2 to have it booting, but now on installation it gets stuck on “Writing MBR …”. Retried and got a lot of error messages starting with “unable to handle kernel NULL pointer …”

Same for versions 3.8.0 and 3.7.1.

I tried copying the vhdx file containing installed version 3.9.3 on the second host, boot it in a VM, stays stuck on “Booting the kernel.”. Don’t know what it does, but CPU usage is 12% in Hyper-V for this VM (8 cores assigned). Same issue if I assign only 1 core.

Only version I can successfully boot and install is 3.4.0.

Does anyone know why it is so complicated on Hyper-V ?

Fulvio, I would be happy to help if you have any instructions to send you debug details.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.