Zeroshell in a virtual machine – Feature Code

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Zeroshell in a virtual machine – Feature Code

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  sadnblueish 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

sadnblueish

I am running zeroshell in a VMware Virtual Machine with a valid subscription. I want to create a new VM and “delete old VM” yet want to insert my subscription.

I am afraid Feature Code is mapped to a system ID or Mac Address or something like that.

Kindly help how can I destroy old virtual machine and create a new virtual machine with a subscription code valid for earlier machine installed in it.

gordonf

This isn’t some rigid DRM scheme either; you could ask Fulvio for a new activation explaining what you’re doing.

If it’s VMware you can change MAC addresses of virtual NICs to a limited extent. It will tell you if the address you supplied is good to use or not; some dynamic MAC addresses can’t transfer to another VM.

Or, just install the new Zeroshell on top of the old one, or change the ISO image it uses, and keep the remaining VM settings unchanged. You can restore profile backups from older ZS versions to newer ones. Just remember to take a profile backup first.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.