ZeroShell Firewall Setp for 3 Servers

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking ZeroShell Firewall Setp for 3 Servers

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Perkster 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Perkster

Hello,

I am new to standalone firewall setup. Currently I have 3 Public Internet servers connected to Internet through my cable Modem and a switch. Each machine is currently running its own firewall IPTABLES script. All 3 servers have their own static IP. This is a new project for me and I do need a little guidance.

I actually have 4 static IPS’. I will list 4 IPS for purpose of post. These are not true IPS of my server but will make it easier for me to explain.

70.66.1.1 – Currently my Wireless router IP
    70.66.1.2 – Main mailserver and web
    70.66.1.3 – Primary DNS Server
    70.66.1.4 – Secondary DNS server

I have built a standalone machine with 3 NICS currently in there running latest beta of ZeroShell. I have it installed on compact flash drive and it is working and I am able to boot and https into it.

What I am trying to do is get rid of each machines current firewall script and use ZeroShell to pass all IP requests to their respective server. and of course only manage one firewall script.

What would be the best way to proceed and how best to setup the 3 NICs on ZeroShell machine. I do have the availability of that switch so if that is necessary please help me out..

Again this is a learning project and help it much appreciated..

Mike – ReviewLinux.Com

zevlag

Did you ever work out your firewall scripts?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.