zeroshell & dvb cards

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell zeroshell & dvb cards

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  darkdiver 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

darkdiver

Does zeroshell support dvb cards? I want to create router for the Internet via satellite communication system. If it does not support this, I want to add this functionality.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

No, it doesn’t support dvb cards. I have to investigate about the presence of the kernel module to drive this type of cards. I don’t know what type of protocol (PPPoE?) satellite connections use, but if it is not too hard, I hope to support them in the future releases of Zeroshell.

Fulvio

darkdiver

About dvb cards. Satellite connection works via it’s on protocol. It’s preferable to support “One-Way (Simplex) Scheme” you can read about this here http://satgate.net/en/solutions/. You can establish link via VPN and via Static channel. Static tunnel is more preferable, because it is much more stable. To create it you can use “ip” command

ip tunnel add Tunnel0 mode ipip local $YOURIP remote $DESTIP

Before it you should to create dvb interface.

/usr/bin/dvbnet  -p $PIDNUMBER
    /sbin/ifconfig dvb0_0 $DVBLOCALIP/32 hw ether $MACADDR up

Finally you should zap the signal

/usr/bin/szap -c channels.conf -n 1 –x

Then satellite dish is ready.
    Can you add this functionality to you web based admin panel. I have some ideas and scripts, but unfortunately I have no time to implement them. Please check your pm. I’ve send a message for you.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Thanks a lot for the information. I will try to implement satellite connections in the future, but I don’t think to be able to implement them in the next release.

Regards
    Fulvio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.