zeroshell boot to usb (edit)

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell zeroshell boot to usb (edit)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  vitesse 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

vitesse

I have run zeroshell for one month on a small hdd, but now I want to use the install on flash usb drive. is there a way to transfer zeroshell to the usb flash drive?

Edit:
    I have decided to start from new and forget about HDD transfer. used Physdiskwrite method under windows seven x64 to install zeroshell beta 11 on my kingston usb flash drive (4gb). The problem is that it boot well from my main computer (Xeon e3110 with 4gb of ram), but refuse to boot from zeroshell computer, an athlon 1400+ with 512mb of ram (pcchips m825 pcb 7.5c)

It load until I see:

GRUB _

then the computer freeze.

Some one have a clue? if it could help, it’s detected as usb rmd-fdd device at boot.

thanks for your answer 🙂

ppalias

Can you check in the computer’s BIOS for settings regarding booting from USB? Looks like this kind of problem, since it is booting correctly at the Xeon computer.

vitesse

I have test every way to boot with usb. It boot from dos, but not with zeroshell.

ppalias

Check if there is a firmware upgrade available for the motherboard. Maybe they have fixed this issue.

vitesse

motherboard seem to never has existed from the company website (not listed), if if this is really not possible to boot from it, I will have to found new hardware.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.