Zeroshell as VPN Server for passing VoIP traffic

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Zeroshell as VPN Server for passing VoIP traffic

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  sam2008 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sam2008

Hello All,

I am considering the possibility of using your Zeroshell as my VPN Server for connecting a few of my clients I have that are running on Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 Routers with Tomato firmware + OpenVPN client Mod. At present I am using a dedicated server with Debian + Webmin + Shorewall + OpenVPN 2.1_RC7 installed that works somewhat.

I have 3 OpenVPN clients at present and they are being used to pass VoIP traffic because in the country where they are located VoIP is blocked and the ISP also restricts the upload so I have to use OpenVPN.

1. Can I use Zeroshell for a scenario like this?

2. Are they any major advantages of using Zeroshell over my current setup (Debian + Webmin + Shorewall + OpenVPN 2.1_RC7)?

3. Are any of you using Linksys/Buffalo routers with third party firmware + OpenVPN client (dd-wrt/Openwrt/Tomato) to connect to ZeroShell?

Regards,

sam2008

imported_fulvio
    Participant

1. Can I use Zeroshell for a scenario like this?

Yes, you can.

2. Are they any major advantages of using Zeroshell over my current setup (Debian + Webmin + Shorewall + OpenVPN 2.1_RC7)?

I think there aren’t. The results are the same.

3. Are any of you using Linksys/Buffalo routers with third party firmware + OpenVPN client (dd-wrt/Openwrt/Tomato) to connect to ZeroShell?

No, but I have already ordered a Lynksys WRT54GL to try to install openvpn and test it to act as client of Zeroshell. I’d like to obtain the same results I have described at http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/wireless-access-point/#wifi-vpn but replacing Zeroshell with OpenWRT or DD-WRT for the external wifi access point.

Regards
    Fulvio

Anonymous

DELETED

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.