zeroshell as a vsphere 5 vm running from vmdk (hdd)

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell zeroshell as a vsphere 5 vm running from vmdk (hdd)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  virtualme 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

virtualme

Hi all

First off.. I love zeroshell and its just gets better ..thanks to all of you who have made it what it is !

What I really would like to do is get zersoshell booting only off hard disk in a vm (LSI/bus logic/SAS) in a vmware ESX vm.

This would certainly make it easier to vmotion and import or export as an OVF file too.

While the boot from cd and save config to virtual HDD has its place it would be much more convenient to have it only on virtual HDD for reasons of backup, vmotion and export/import.

Please could/would someone help me to make it so .. I would be happy to test it as well as make a tutorial/walk-through for setups etc.

Thanks a million
    Den

virtualme

no replies as yet

Perhaps somone could tell me which LSI and/or BUS LOGIC drivers a typical LINUX vm uses when running on vmware vsphere 5.0
    I could then inject the drivers and have a fully functional vsphere 5.0 disk based zersoshell vm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards
    Den

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.