ZeroShell and Vista

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell ZeroShell and Vista

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  OnHeL 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

OnHeL

Ok, I have Zeroshell up and running on a dedicated PC with its database on a seperate partion with Debian.

All clients are working running WPA2 Enterprise PEAP but I cant get my one client that has Vista installed working. I know its some kind of incompatibility with freeradius and the Vista supplicant which was supposedly fixed in freeradius version 1.1.4.

The below link describes what I’m referring to:
    http://listserv.educause.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0703&L=wireless-lan&P=7781

Can zeroshell be updated to the latest version of freeradius? Is there some kind of other workaround to get Zeroshell to work with Vista clients?

Thanks in advance for any help

imported_fulvio
    Participant

I will include the FreeRadius updated release in the next version of ZeroShell. If you want to update it by yourself, read the ther post in this forum about this argument.

Regards
    Fulvio

OnHeL

Much appreciated Fulvio. Zeroshell is working fantastic on my non-Vista clients. Thank you for a great distro.

Could I bother anyone else to be a little more specific on where to find the post Fulvio is speaking of in regards to updating FreeRadius on my own? I cant seem to locate it.

OnHeL

Well being that I’m not locked into one specific 802.1x protocol, I just setup that one Vista client to use TTLS since PEAP is incompatible at this time with Vista. Downloaded SecureW2 for Vista as an EAP-TTLS plugin to Vista’s client and its working great.

Fulvio, your work is greatly appreciated

joar

Hi
    Could you please post a little “point list” on how you set up SecureW2 on vista to authenticate against ZeroChell?

Joar

OnHeL

Basically I used Paul Taylor’s guide located here

http://www.addressplus.net/ZeroShell-WPA-Enterprise.pdf

I followed the directions up until page 14 and then followed the directions from this website to complete the setup

http://www.unbf.ca/its/faculty/networks/wireless/vista.htm

I’ll see if I can write a guide within the week to make the instructions cleaner.

joar

Ok – thanks!
    It worked! – I installed the plugin and the sertificate and followed the description and …

Joar

OnHeL

Glad to hear it worked for you without issue.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

The release 1.0.beta6 of ZeroShell includes FreeRadius 1.1.7. I have not Windows Vista to try if it works with WPA/PEAP 802.1x authentication. Please, let us know if it works fine.
    The release 1.0.beta6 will be available tomorrow.

Regards
    Fulvio

OnHeL

Great news, I’ll keep you updated

joar

Hi
    Now it works with vista WPA/PEAP 802.1x authentication.
    JH

OnHeL

Yep, working flawlessly.

Great job Fulvio!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.