Zeroshell and ESXi

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Zeroshell and ESXi

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jeremy.haynes 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am curious if anyone has zeroshell installed under ESXi with 1 Physical NIC to their ISP modem and 1 Physical NIC to their internal network?

When I set up the VMKernel for the External NIC and say that it’s DHCP it nevers picks up an IP address, but the default route is greyed out and pointing to the gateway of the Internal NIC.

Has anyone overcome that?

thanks

Ok since no one has weighed in on this one. Does anyone use a Zeroshell VM Virtual machine as their firewall?…not just a router?

thanks

@jeremy.haynes wrote:

Hi,

I am curious if anyone has zeroshell installed under ESXi with 1 Physical NIC to their ISP modem and 1 Physical NIC to their internal network?

When I set up the VMKernel for the External NIC and say that it’s DHCP it nevers picks up an IP address, but the default route is greyed out and pointing to the gateway of the Internal NIC.

thanks

Ok for anyone interested I figured it out.

In the vSwitch don’t have a vKernel, and reboot your ISP modem. Then anything connected to that vSwitch will get an external IP.

Zeroshell is blazing fast now that it’s in a QuadCore ESX environment.

Thanks Flavio!!!

@jeremy.haynes wrote:

Ok since no one has weighed in on this one. Does anyone use a Zeroshell VM Virtual machine as their firewall?…not just a router?

thanks

@jeremy.haynes wrote:

Hi,

thanks

JR_Ewing

@jeremy.haynes wrote:

Hi,

thanks

I have it in ESXi as firewall ( plan to temporary replace my main router to reinstall it ) and it works. But I dont have one NIC to internal network and one to external. I use switch for this purpos and both NICs are connected to switch witch VLANs. Internet is delivered to ESX thru tagged VLAN.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.