ZeroShell 3.3.2 + VMWare Workstation = Problem

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell ZeroShell 3.3.2 + VMWare Workstation = Problem

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  KhazAkar 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

KhazAkar

Hi all!
    I have a problem with ZeroShell 3.3.2 on VMWare – It doesn’t find my internet connection.Other firewall/UTM distros have the same problem,but not “normal” distros,such as Debian,Fedora etc. Any settings doesn’t work (NAT + host-Only or Bridge + Host-Only – the same). Any ideas?

gordonf

I’ve only played with VMware Player on the desktop, but I’ve run ZS on it as part of my template testing.

I just deployed my template to a VMware Player 5.0.2 build, and used a Bridged (Automatic) NIC. It emulates an Intel E1000, which is supported in the 3.3.2 kernel. I have DHCP on my physical LAN so I changed the IP config in ZS to use dynamic IP and it worked. Even the VMware Tools hack works.

ZS defaults to a static IPv4 address on its first interface of 192.168.0.75/24 and no gateway. If you’re using NAT on your VMware Workstation host, make sure DHCP is working for VMs and if it is, enable dynamic IP using the IP Manager from the ZS VGA console. If you’re using a bridged NIC, either change the static IP settings or enable dynamic IP if you have a DHCP server on your LAN.

KhazAkar

Ok,now works. I used now Bridged + Host-Only and Internet in ZeroShell works perfectly (pings to google). Just enabled DHCP to ETH00 and Default Gateway to my physical router. Thanks 🙂
    (I don’t close that thread,because of eg. other future problems after that 😉 )

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.