ZeroShell 3.0 How can I access Web Management on remote host

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell ZeroShell 3.0 How can I access Web Management on remote host

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  getout 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

getout

I have a VPS with ZeroShell 3.0 CD running. I can’t connect to the web management page? I read that 3.0 only allows Web Management from private IP’s….How can I manage ZeroShell on my public IP?????

getout

Update: My own fundamental misunderstanding of the IP tables or Firewall settings was my error. I was looking at the first INPUT CHAIN in the IP tables list and assumed it was allowing all connections. I learned that this part was referencing the SYS_GUI chain and SYS_HTTPS chain and those chains denied access to all but private IP ranges.

I disabled IP tables altogether and I was then able to access the GUI over the public IP, then I could easily add approved IP numbers in the WEB GUI config section. This will still obviously be an issue for anyone wanting to manage a remote ZS from a dynamic IP as you can only add a static IP to manage from, unless you get a proxy to manage ZS through but hey, a proxy is the whole functional point of installing ZS on a remote system like this so anyway…..

reaperz

You can also add subnets instead of static IP-s.

So add all subnets that your internet service provider is using.

I also do that for VPN, block access from all other networks

Yhoni

@reaperz wrote:

You can also add subnets instead of static IP-s.

So add all subnets that your internet service provider is using.

I also do that for VPN, block access from all other networks

How could access the webgui my Zeroshell from any internet ip?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.