Zeroshell 3.0.0

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Zeroshell 3.0.0

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_fulvio 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

DrmCa
    Participant

Aren’t you supposed to use designated Soekris image, as in ZeroShell-2.0.RC3-Soekris-2GB.img.gz?

There does not seem to be Soekris image for v.3 as I can see, only PC image.

Besides that, can you try booting into Linux live CD and using dd command to write image to CF? It worked for me, I am not using Windows for many years now after struggling with lots of similar issues.

gordonf

@whitetiger wrote:

ZeroShell 3.0 have Vmware/Hyper-v’s Network modules?

It’s been a long time since I followed the old instructions on how to install VMware Tools to a Zeroshell install, but with the CF / disk image version now available it might be easier. I’m going to take a stab at making a OVF template for v3.0, and I’ll test on ESXi 5.1.

I remember that 1.6 supported Intel E1000 cards, which ESX 4 and later emulate, so I imagine it’ll work out of the box on VMware. What LAN card does HyperV normally emulate?

(Note: I’m not a Linux guru.)

gordonf

I started messing with 3.0.0 yesterday, and found that the installation manager did create a self-contained no-CD disk for me, but it still is a read-only “Live CD” contained in a CDFS (or UDF?) partition on the resulting disk.

This isn’t the Linux I expected, as I was hoping for something I could do a straight-forward VMware Tools installation to, but it does allow for some interesting possibilities because I can put the tools into a database profile. There could be separate profiles for VMware, for Hyper-V, for VirtualBox and so on, all without corrupting the initial installation.

This also makes me wonder if VMware Tools could some day be repackaged into a downloadable package available from the Zeroshell package manager. In the meantime, I’ll try following the tools installation instructions that worked on ZS 1.6.

DrmCa
    Participant

@gordonf wrote:

I’ll try following the tools installation instructions that worked on ZS 1.6.

Can you share those instructions? I could not find them 🙁

gordonf

@drmca wrote:

Can you share those instructions? I could not find them 🙁

That was this thread: https://www.zeroshell.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2148 but I had to re-link /etc/modules instead of /lib/modules, which just linked to /etc/modules anyway.

And see if this profile works: https://www.zeroshell.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4328

mgabby

Veramente ottima la nuova versione, molto veloce nel settaggio e nella rete.
    mgabby

luki

Great distribution. I’ll start the adventure with this.

tls

Fulvio,

When can we expect a patch for the OpenSSL “Heartbleed Bug” for 3.0. Any chance you can do this for previous releases in a way that we can just drop in the binary to make it an easy upgrade?

Nevermind —

I answered my own reply when I read more about the issue. Currently the version of OpenSSL on 3.0 and 2.0RC3 is “OpenSSL 0.9.8u 12 Mar 2012”.

According to the CVE and other docs 0.9.8 is not effected, so no update is needed. Though it would be nice to update to current version to nail other issues, but this issue does not have an affect on ZS

–tls

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.