Zeroshell 3.0.0

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Zeroshell 3.0.0

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_fulvio 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Hi,

Zeroshell 3.0.0 includes relevant new features such as the automatic update system that automatically applies security and bug fixes, and allows to upgrade to the next releases.
    Several bugs have been fixed and the security improved. The MRTG graphs no longer require an activation key to be viewed.
    There are several kernels optimized for different processors and a kernel compiled with PAE (Physical Address Extension) which allows you to use more than 4GB of RAM.

Greetings and Happy New Year
    Fulvio

m_elias

Awesome! What’s the best way to donate or contribute to the project?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

You should write a piece of documentation for example.
    Regards
    Fulvio

Yhoni

Hi, it´s a great news .

I have really wanted to try it.

Thanks for your work.

Happy New Year.

Yhoni

Is the configuration of the Zeroshell 2.0rc2 version compatible with the new version 3.0?

Thank You.

tychothecat

@yhoni wrote:

Is the configuration of the Zeroshell 2.0rc2 version compatible with the new version 3.0?

Yes – I’ve just backup up my old config and restored on a new 3.0 VM, using the webUI. Everything is working.

Yhoni

@tychothecat wrote:

@yhoni wrote:

Yes – I’ve just backup up my old config and restored on a new 3.0 VM, using the webUI. Everything is working.

Ok, mate.

Thank you very much.

DrmCa
    Participant

Is load balancing between multiple pppoe connections working in 3?
    Can anyone confirm please?

WhiteTiger

ZeroShell 3.0 have Vmware/Hyper-v’s Network modules?

DrmCa
    Participant

@drmca wrote:

Is load balancing between multiple pppoe connections working in 3?
    Can anyone confirm please?

Just wanted to let everyone know, that v.3.0 has load-balancing already built in and it works fine – La ringrazio tanto Fulvio!

In my case I was still using atheling’s patch while on 1.0b and it just had to be removed in v.3.0 by commenting out cron startup script.

Is the new version compatible with Soekris NET5501?

I installed it on my 2GB CF, but I am unable to access it.
    I change my IP address to 192.168.0.5 with the Gateway 192.168.0.75.

I realized the problem and it is that it is not installing on the CF Cards or the USB Cards.
    I tired multiple 1GB & 2GB CF cards and USB cards.

They are all reporting the same error at the end on the Image install.

ERROR Message with 2GB Cards: 1967128576 bytes writtenWrite error after 1967128576 bytes (8192).

ERROR Message with 1GB Card: 1018691584 bytes writtenWrite error after 1018691584 bytes (8192).

I have clean the CF and USB using the DISKPART / CLEAN commands and it still reports the same error message.

I have tried using the “ZeroShell-3.0.0-Disk-2GB.img.gz” & the “ZeroShell-2.0.RC3-Soekris-2GB.img.gz” images with no luck.

I have run the “physdiskwrite” on both Windows 7 & Windows 8 from the CMD line in Administrative Mode with no success.

I am trying to get my Soekris net5501 board back up and running.
    I am completely down.

Can anyone help or advise?

Pit

Hi Fulvio,

many thanks for your new version 3.0.0. In this version there are several optimized kernels. Is it possible for you to provide a 2.6 kernel this way? Many of us need the L7-filter missing in versions > beta16.

Thanks in advance.

Pit

Hi Fulvio,

Thanks for this amazing software!
    I was wondering, how often do you send activation codes?

Best regards,
    Lucas

Hello Fulvio; Will ZeroShell 3.0.0 work on Soekris NET5501 board using a 2GB Compact Flash?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.