WPA multiple clients single credentials problem.

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell WPA multiple clients single credentials problem.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  rochajoel 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

rochajoel

This should be realy simple…

WPA let’s me authenticate 2 or more machines with the same login credentials, how can i change that so that the first/last machine that entered the credentials is the one that manages to access the network(the other is simply droped)

imported_fulvio
    Participant

You should use the attribute

Simultaneous-Use = 1

in the configuration file /etc/raddb/users of the FreeRadius.
    At the moment the web interface of Zeroshell does not manage
    this Radius attribute.

Regards
    Fulvio

ncat987

Is there a list of commands that are applicable to the zeroshell OS as well a description of their functionality. I am anxious to try out different commands and “tweak” the system and make it a bit more robust and increase usability.

rochajoel

I tryed this:

echo “DEFAULT Auth-Type = System, Simultaneous-Use = 1” > temp.txt
    echo ” Fall-Through = 1″ > temp2.txt
    cat temp.txt temp2.txt > /etc/raddb/users

But after a while i could not make connections from any machine… 😳

imported_fulvio
    Participant

You should try with

Auth-Type = LDAP

because the FreeRadius of Zeroshell uses the OpenLDAP backend DB with the same passwords used by Kerberos.

Regards
    Fulvio

rochajoel

i tried with LDAP, the radius service doesn’t even started…
    i tried with Local, and it still let’s me authenticate from 2 computers at the same time…

I guess i’m just learning to work with this, i configured the radius in the startup script, and guess what, that was of no use… because the server will start with no configuration at all, and only afterwards the configuration is written to the users file…. What a waste of time ❗

Any way, i already tried to do this:
    DEFAULT Simultaneous-Use = 1
    Fall-Through = 1

which i saw in here: http://www.radius.cistron.nl/README.simul

but even this way doesn’t work… i’m guessing maybe it’s because the accounting server is not ready yet…

And also… what i said before that the System Auth-Type doesn’t work after a while is not true, it works, my intel 2100 is the one that is crappy and some times it does not authenticate, i don’t know why, but is some crappy piece of hardware that i’m 😡 since the beginning

rochajoel

I guess it’s true… The accounting must be activated… it says right here in the freeRADIUS FAQ: http://wiki.freeradius.org/index.php/FAQ#Simultaneous-Use_doesn.27t_work

Fulvio, do you think it’s possible to fix this manually in the shell prompt? does Zero Shell has the the right version of pearl? last time i checked it didn’t had the gcc and i was unable to compile transproxy (which i would if i knew how to cross compile…)

imported_fulvio
    Participant

I never tried to enable the accounting in FreeRadius and hence I do not know how hard is to activate. You can download the gcc used to compile Zeroshell in the download section. Do not forget that you also need to download the binutils

Regards
    Fulvio

rochajoel

Hey Fulvio, Have you corrected this issue in beta8?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Sorry, but Zeroshell is not able to manage the accounting information yet.

Regards
    Fulvio

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.