wireless will not associate

Home Page Forums Network Management Wireless Networks wireless will not associate

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jserink 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jserink

Hi All:

I have an old ferarri 3000 laptop that I ran Zeroshell on. The built wireless is broadcom which has fw issues so I plugged my Ubiquiti SRC into the PCMCIA slot and rebooted, the card came up fine with mad wifi. I can scan and see the AP I want to connect to. WDS is on on the AP as I want to use my ferarri as a wireless to Etherent bridge. I run the wireless setup script and it refuses to associate. And using WPA/2 encryption with a preshared key or passphrase, but, the passphrase has a space in it. WIll that screw things up with the wreless setup script?

I’ve just been reading this http://madwifi-project.org/wiki/UserDocs/TransparentBridge so I know this should work.

Cheers,
    John

ppalias

Special characters such as !@#$%^&* and ” ” usually mess things in WPA2 passwords. Try to have a simple alphanumeric password.

jserink

@ppalias wrote:

Special characters such as !@#$%^&* and ” ” usually mess things in WPA2 passwords. Try to have a simple alphanumeric password.

Yup, that was it, got rid of the space and it all worked….
    But the bridge did not bridge, it didn’t work.
    And then after about 20 minutes, Kernel Panic.

Must be an older version of Madwifi.

Cheers,
    John

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.