Why can’t I forward VPN client connection through Firewall??

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking Why can’t I forward VPN client connection through Firewall??

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  getout 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

getout

I have two ZS boxes. Box A is behind a router with NAT. Box B has just one Public IP and is not behind NAT. I have VPN Client connections going from Box A to the server Box B no problems. But if I create a VPN connection with Box B as the client connecting to Box A as the server it won’t establish a connection.

Box A has WAN ETH00 192.168.10.2 and connects to router LAN with 192.168.10.1 address.
    In the router I have forwarded the port I’m using with this VPN connection from the router to the 192.168.10.2 address of the ZS box but still it won’t establish a connection.

If I put the router in bridge mode and have ZS do the ppp authentication then the VPN connection is established. However, the ppp function in my ZS Box A seems to be broken now (not sure how but it doesn’t work at all anymore) so I need the router to do the ppp for now.

Regards,
    Sparki.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.