Web Proxy Cache

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Web Proxy Cache

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  aeronet 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

aeronet

Hi. I would like to know if a cache proxy will be included in one of the new releases. It could be a great advantage to reduce the net`s traffic. I have trouble when many users connect to the net, ( more than 15). It starts to slow down a lot, even to the point to hang out. Is there any other way I can include or implement a proxy cache to accelerate the Internet petitions from the users?
    Any help will be really appreciated. 😀

imported_fulvio
    Participant

I don’t think to include Squid in the near future. The main purpose of the http proxy in Zeroshell is to scan the web page with the ClamAV antivirus. At the moment, in my opinion, HAVP is the best solution for this purpose, but this package doesn’t include web cache capability.

Regards
    Fulvio

aeronet

Ok. I understand your point of view, but is there a way to implement a web cache?. I´m worried about the Internet petitions. If I used a web cache, my broadband would be working easily `cause the cache would respond to them instead of going up to the web. The Internet traffic could be reduced in an important amount.
    Thanks for your help. And congratulations for such a good system.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

I will release an external package that includes Squid for web cache purpose as soon as possible.

Regards
    Fulvio

aeronet

Thanks. Fulvio.

samyraimy

@aeronet wrote:

Thanks. Fulvio.

Hi, thanx for this wonderfull system, my knownlendge in lynux is some limited, but i’m working so hard to understandit
    Please, tellme if is possible install squid in zs like a any linux
    But i have a cuestion, doing this zs may have any trouble?, maybe in the clients speed or network performance?
    Xcuse my english :>

cewongq

Did you create this external package for web cache?

@fulvio wrote:

I will release an external package that includes Squid for web cache purpose as soon as possible.

Regards
    Fulvio

space007

@cewongq wrote:

Did you create this external package for web cache?

@fulvio wrote:

Regards
    Fulvio

I did a centos box via squid +havp +clamav
    PARENT PROXY -> SQUID -> HAVP -> Local lan

the proxy was there, its a needed feature for this kind of an appliance.
    maybe to put in the mix even a proxy ram swap of 16 – 64MB.

just need to look into how to parse logs with sarg in this configuration
    and eventually have a nice proxy report 🙂

imho didnt have time to look into that yet, but is a nice feature.

I would help for testing and ecc.

regards
    Biagio

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.