Web interface unexpectedly visible from Internet side

Home Page Forums Network Management Signal a BUG Web interface unexpectedly visible from Internet side

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  PatrickB 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

PatrickB

Hello.

I hadn’t noticed that before so I cannot tell how recent it is…

In System/Web it is possible to restrict the access to the Web management interface, then of course I had restricted it to the internal bridge only.

But from a computer connected WAN side I still could see it and even login !

I also tried with the access restricted to the explicit internal subnet/24 only, so excluding the WAN side subnet, idem !

Actually it is the checkbox named “Auto-authorize the LAN” that makes no difference and auto-authorizes all the subnets around 😯

By unchecking it, the interfaces or subnets explicitly listed do access but the others get no answer.

I don’t know if this is really a bug or rather a feature, but at least it is very counter-intuitive then dangerous.

Is that checkbox useful, considering how simple it is to explicitly authorize interfaces or IP ranges ?

Best regards.

redfive
    Participant

After some changes, take a look at the web management rules,
    iptables -nvL SYS_HTTPS
    Cheers,
    jonatha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.