Web-based SSH

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  AtroposX 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

AtroposX

Under utilities to have a web-based command line. So an admin moving from computer to computer can run commands without the need of an ssh client.

If they are at a computer that doesn’t have one, and doesn’t have time to go find one, download it, install it, then enter the ip of the server, log in, and run the command. Or maybe they are at a computer that doesn’t have rights to install such an program, but can access ZS’s HTTPS and can run the command from there.

JC

just a suggestion, putty does not require an “install” if you can download it to the system you should be able to run it, otherwise put putty on a usb device and use it that way, I assume you are using windows systems as linux has ssh from cli, I would guess MAC OS does too. Thats my 2 cents till a web cli is devised. also ensure on your windos systems you have the “runas” feature enabled to bypass the user level limitations.

AtroposX

Sure Putty is portable. I was just making a suggestion to make administering Zeroshell easier. Combine a web-based CLI so you don’t need to rely on something else, keep it all contained and streamlined, and if wanted to use Putty.

AtroposX

Something like this from Gate One, looks awesome.

http://liftoffsoftware.com/Products/GateOne

https://github.com/liftoff/GateOne

riskable

I’m the author of Gate One. Let me know if I can be of assistance in getting it integrated into Zeroshell. Don’t worry about conflicts with the GPLv2 and the AGPLv3. I can write something up giving Zeroshell permission to use Gate One in the distribution.

FYI: The point of the AGPLv3 license in Gate One is to prevent commercial enterprises from copying the code and integrating it into their products without keeping it open source (or paying =). It isn’t meant to be a restriction on its use within other open source projects.

Note (already thinking about this): For embedded devices you’ll want to pre-configure Gate One’s server.conf with a few changes from the defaults so it doesn’t gobble up all the disk space with session recordings.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.