Wanted – VM Tools install for build 3.6.0

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Wanted – VM Tools install for build 3.6.0

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lozbigrave 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lozbigrave

Hi guys. Has anyone any instructions for installing VMware Tools on the 3.6.0 Zeroshell?

I have installed Zeroshell to disk in an ESXi environment and would like to get VMtools running. I can’t even get the VMtools installer to mount (can’t see the ISO/file system to mount within Zeroshell command line). I have tried copying open-vm-tools to disk – into the /Database folder, but then I can’t compile it as no compilers installed.

Fulvio, any chance of getting a build with open-vm-tools built in?

lozbigrave

I will try to publish the how-to in the new year if anyone is interested.

dhiva

We like to have this feature as well ! Appreciate anyone document the process on how to do it

gordonf

Here’s a template for ZS 3.7.1:

https://www.antiwindowscatalog.com/downloads/zs_ova_371.zip

Installing VMware Tools on what’s normally a read-only file system isn’t a trivial thing. Mind you, a lot has changed since the 1.6 beta days and maybe an installed version has a read/write file system.

I’d like to see open-vmtools available as a downloadable module myself. Since 3.6.0 it appears a development kit is available as a module, so maybe someone can put in open-vmtools and no one would have to use a version with proprietary code anymore.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.