WAN setup

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell WAN setup

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  al bundy 9 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

al bundy

This is my first attempt a setting up this software and am just a little confused.

I have a static IP from my ISP and an ethernet connection (I have fiber to the home, and am given a 20 Mbs ethernet connection)

My current linksys router cannot handle that amount of speed and crashes when I start a torrent program. So I am looking for something like this product.

I think I have the basic down. Eth00 is my LAN connection, set to 192.168.0.254, and eth01 is my WAN connection set to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX and both have netmask of 255.255.255.0, but where do I put the dns server ip’s for my WAN connection? do i add them under the DHCP set up?

I have set 2 machines to always be given their respective IP’s (don’t know why I didn’t just give them static ips) and I have two port forwarding rules set up for those 2 machines.

Do I need to do anything to make sure my MSN and other such programs work correctly (as UPnP is not supported), also if I decide to expose a machine to the world, how do I set up a DMZ?

Sorry for the questions, but I really want to make this work.

Thanks

ppalias

You add your ISP’s DNS server on the DHCP page if you want it to be distributed to the dhcp clients. If you want to use it on your ZS you have to add it on the DNS page, in the forwarders section.

Make sure you enable NAT on interface ETH01. UPNP is not supported afaik. A DMZ (suppose you mean SNAT) can be setup with iptables rules directly on the console.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.