Vyprvpn + Plex

Home Page Forums Network Management VPN Vyprvpn + Plex

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  willieaames 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

willieaames

So I’m using VyprVPN as a client connected to my router, so every ip on the network is routing traffic via vpn. I’m trying to setup plex on my synology disk station, and it works great locally. but I need ports open to get this to work remotely. What should be the rules/nat/ect?

Harley Ben

why dont you do an (IPsec/OpenVPN) any from any to any on plexIP? I believe it would fall under IPsec, in your rules you control traffic flow. If anything just do an IPsec rule, see if that works – if it does then you’re good. You can also tighten it like :IPsec any to PLEXIP on PLEXPORT allow and then lock everything else any to any * * deny.

Check this vyprvpn review for more information.

chrisboy

I also have same problem with another vpn called windscribe, also one more question is there a way to encrypt smart TV inbound and outbound data ?

mariad

You google it, there is a guide by Express vpn on how to use a vpn and set it up with a Smart TV. Specifically they did it with a Samsung Smart tv.

mariad

Also if you need to try, try PureVPN with Plex

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.