VPN stands Virtual private network

Home Page Forums Network Management VPN VPN stands Virtual private network

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  smithmaria61 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

smithmaria61

Like many commercialized network technologies, a significant amount of sales and marketing hype surrounds VPN. In reality, VPNs provide just a few specific potential advantages over more traditional forms of wide-area networking. These advantages can be significant, but they do not come for free.
    The potential problems with the VPN outnumber the advantages and are generally more difficult to understand. The disadvantages do not necessarily outweigh the advantages, however. From security and performance concerns, to coping with a wide range of sometimes incompatible vendor products, the decision of whether or not to use a VPN cannot be made without significant planning and preparation.

Anonymous

DELETED

ppalias

The easiest way is with openvpn host to site. Configure the server side on ZS and create a client config on your desktop-laptop. There are examples in the documentation page of ZS.

Hi!

I have five small offices and in each I have a Mikrotik router. I want to create a surfeasy vpn review on Azure linked with these 5 Mikrotiks but I did not want to have to create 5 VPNs in Azure. Is this possible?

mxbrady

@smithmaria61 wrote:

Like many commercialized network technologies, a significant amount of sales and marketing hype surrounds VPN. In reality, VPNs provide just a few specific potential advantages over more traditional forms of wide-area networking. These advantages can be significant, but they do not come for free.
    The potential problems with the VPN outnumber the advantages and are generally more difficult to understand. The disadvantages do not necessarily outweigh the advantages, however. From security and performance concerns, to coping with a wide range of sometimes incompatible vendor products, the decision of whether or not to use a VPN cannot be made without significant planning and preparation.

it does depend on a lot of factors. for most though, the advantages will be more than the disvantages

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.