VPN link estabilshed, however no UDP packets [solved]

Home Page Forums Network Management VPN VPN link estabilshed, however no UDP packets [solved]

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  btklister 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

btklister
    Participant

hello

I successively implemented (i think) a VPN LAN to LAN connections between 2 sites, folowing this tutorial: http://www.ieee754.org/?p=17 .

The connections was made over UDP port and i can ping machines from one site to other, every thing seems to work fine, however if i sniff the BOND interface using iptraf tool i dont see any UDP packets.

Since VPN conections is based on UDP, shouldn’t i see the UDP packets traveling in the BOND interface? I have made a sftp file transfer between two sites, transferring the file very slowly from one site to other, however didn’t saw any UDP packets in the interface.

Am i doing something wrong?

redfive
    Participant

Hi , you can see udp packets on physical interfaces , udp is the vpn carrier protocol, not the passenger protocol , which could also be different , like tcp
    cheers

btklister
    Participant

hi, tank you for the answer! You are correct, if i sniff the physical interface (ppp0) i can see the UDP packets traveling.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.