VPN LAN-LAN HELP!!!!!

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell VPN LAN-LAN HELP!!!!!

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  obc88 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

obc88

Hi to all,

Im trying to Connect 2side using LAN-TO-LAN VPN connection.
    I saw that the both side connected but cant ping each other, anything i need to do on this configuration or rules need to add??

SIDE A (server using Pre-Shared Key )
    eth00 : 10.0.9.254
    eth01 : WAN connected to internet

SIDE B (Client using same Pre-Shared Key as server )
    eth00 : 10.0.10.254
    eth01 : WAN connected to internet

both side VPN00 show connected to each other but still can ping to each other network.

Thanks to your opinion n idea.

Regard
    OBC

ppalias

You need to add a static route for 10.0.10.X to side A with gateway the VPN side of side B and vice versa for the other side.

obc88

Thanks For Reply.

I done it, & can ping each other network already, but the problem now is i cant see game for each other network.

Mean if i create game at side A (DOTA), side B cant see my game at all.
    I tried use PFsense to do VPN through IPsec, also the same problem happened.
    Zeroshell have any way to allow UDP broadcast forwarding???
    (as i know DOTA-warcraftIII need to use UDP broadcast)

Thank again for your attention^^

Regared
    OBC

ppalias

If you want to pass the broadcast packets, you will also have to bridge the lan of one side with the tunnel interface and migrate both LANs in the same IP subnet.

obc88

Hi ppalias,

are you mean the server side need to do a bridge interface? or the both side?? now im using 10.0.0.0/24 subnet, is it possible to LAN up to 100places of using same VPN tunnel??

you will also have to bridge the lan of one side with the tunnel interface and migrate both LANs in the same IP subnet.

IM confusing that what u meaning. Any tutorial or can guide me how to do that???

Thanks for your reply again^^

Regard
    OBC

ppalias

It will have to be done on both sides. Create a bridge interface and bridge the tunnel and the LAN. When you do it on both sides the LANs and the tunnel will all be in the same LAN. In order for this to work they will have to be in the same IP subnet, so you will have to migrate the stations of one end to the IP subnet of the other end.

obc88

To ppalias,

I done it, im created bridge for both side ( ZS LAN + VPN00 )
    It connected pretty well & can play game 2gether without laggy or delay.

The ZS A is connected to ZS B, now i wanted to build one more ( ZS C ), i tried use the same way mean using same Preshared Key as ZS A & ZS B, but cant connect to the ZS A at all.

Is it not allowed to add more Client to the Server? It just allow for one client??

Thanks a lot for you helpfull comment..

Regard
    OBC

ppalias

Yes LAN to LAN is for one client only. You have to create a new VPN server for ZS C.

obc88

to ppalias
    I add 1 more VPN server ( VPN01) at side A. side C i assign as client. Im using the LAN-TO-LAN connected oso. No any else easiest way to add more client? Mean i want add up to 10 client. ( side D, E, F, G, H, I…… )

It only the same way i can use?? Thanks you.

Regard
    OBC

ppalias

If you want to have them in the same LAN I’m afraid this is the only way I know.

obc88

thanks for ur reply.

1more question.
    is it possible to LAN together in same subnet?
    mean SIDE C & SIDE D using 10.0.8.0/24. using same group at both side or more than 2 sides will crash??

And how to make port forwarding for VNCviewer? setting in the firewall?

Hopefully zeroshell can make it as powerfull & universal router^^
    Thanks for your guide again^^

Regard
    OBC

ppalias

No it won’t crash, just don’t use the same IPs twice in the sites as this will cause IP conflict.
    You can do port forward in ROUTER -> Virtual Server.

obc88

Hi, pplias

sorry for the late reply..
    Im glade that ZS is support in USB. Mean i using USB drive to replace HDD.

But openvpn can do that using same IP in both side, it no IP conflict happen also. Any ways to do this with using LAN-TO-LAN vpn??
    Im curious that have some of the small programmed install in ZS and can make this IP conflict won’t happen by using the SAME IP at both side.

Bonding minimum requirement is need FIX ip??

regard
    OBC

ppalias

openvpn is just establishing a tunnel between 2 sites. If you bridge the tunnel interface and the LAN interface on both sites then you will have a big LAN. As in every LAN you should not use the same IP twice.

obc88

To ppalias

Thanks for reply
    have any other ways to do with using same IP at both side. but no IP conflict happen, can make it?

wish you can slove my problem, thanks for everything^^

Regard
    OBC

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.