VPN ignores gateway with failure

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell VPN ignores gateway with failure

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DarknessBBB 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Manuel Alejandro
    Participant

Hi. I am starting to use Zeroshell and I have a problem. I currently have two tunnels. One for each ISP using the “gateway” parameter. The problem occurs when I disconnect the “ISP 2”. The tunnel that goes through the “ISP 2” is connected by the “ISP 1” after a while creating 2 tunnels by the “ISP 1”. Apparently VPN ignores the gateway with failure.

I use BOND00 10.0.0.2 using VPN00 and VPN01. Bonding Mode: dynamic balancing.

VPN00 use 192.168.2.1 gateway for make VPN connection via ISP1 (HFC).

VPN01 use 192.168.170.1 gateway for make VPN connection via ISP2 (3G/4G).

cap

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  Manuel Alejandro. Reason: fix img

DarknessBBB
    Participant

Same happens here, this is driving me crazy!

Manuel Alejandro
    Participant

Hi DarknessBBB. I added a vpn down and up function to the GWFAULT script. Now the vpns will be down when the gateway is faulty and return when the gateway is recovered.

Here the script https://gist.github.com/manueldev/5af6ff9769cc385b7b4384537b80280c?fbclid=IwAR3ghbfKlMnktbnYMvpwTLX4NngcJrR8TRE3y2DjVEcaRaDwa3lxwTFB4rs

It is not the most decent way to solve it but it works (at least in the tests I have done).

DarknessBBB
    Participant

Thank you Manuel, it’s a good workaround. I’m wondering if what is happening is a bug or a feature!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.