virtualbox – adapter type intel PRO/1000

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking virtualbox – adapter type intel PRO/1000

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  xinbye 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

xinbye

Hello,
    i run zeroshell in virtualbox. when i use adapter type pcnet (100mb) is work.
    but i use adapter type intel PRO/1000, it don’t work.
    my Gigabit PCI Express Network Adapter: http://www.tp-link.com.au/products/details/cat-11_TG-3468.html
    how can i do.
    Thanks

Montikore
    Participant

i would say driver issue, as this is not an intel chip
    you should try to install the correct driver using a command line session on zeroshell

DrmCa
    Participant

Just curious what version of VB you run on? They make wild changes from version to version from my experience, so I am curious.

xinbye

@montikore wrote:

i would say driver issue, as this is not an intel chip
    you should try to install the correct driver using a command line session on zeroshell

hello
    how can i install driver? i search google command and i don’t find them.
    thanks

xinbye

@drmca wrote:

Just curious what version of VB you run on? They make wild changes from version to version from my experience, so I am curious.

hello
    i use virtualbox Version 5.0.40_Ubuntu r115130

DrmCa
    Participant

Worked for me in 4.3.6 which I am still using (not for ZS though – it runs on HW) Yahoos @ Oracle could have fucked up something again, like they did with AMD core count detection in 5.0.

iulyb

Hi,
    I think you are on the wrong path.
    I used that interface ( Intel Pro 1000 ) in both NAT and bridged mode with virtual box ( same version) on my laptop without any issue.
    Not sure about the max transfer rate but it works. My laptop has intel NICs

I think that the issue is between VB and your interface that cannot be virtualised. You might need an intel nic or at least a compatible one.

DrmCa
    Participant

For the record, I always had Realtek NICs and the virtual Pro 1000 still worked.

simonalia

how about that thing which was not mention previously

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.