Virtual Server

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Virtual Server

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  iuliuv 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

iuliuv

I am obviously missing something, but I could not get the Virtual Server feature to work in Zeroshell. I have simple configuration, running on an Alix board, 2 WANs using the load balancer, 1 LAN, NAT. Everything works fine. However I want a web server on the LAN side (192.168.10.102:8010) and all the connections to the port 8010 on router to be forwarded to my webserver.

I set up the Virtual Server (from all interfaces, port 8010 to go to my web server). However when I try to connect to the port 8010 on any of the IPs of the router it would not forward. The firewall is set on ACCEPT on all chains and no other rules, from the router itself (shell) I can connect to the webserver (with telnet), the routes look fine. I’m really puzzled. If I delete the Virtual Server, connections to the router 8010 are rejected immediately. if I put the virtual server, they take longer to be rejected

On the router I did an iptables -L but I could not fine a rule that looked like the forwarded port. Is there another way to check the forwarded port rule?

anything else I should be aware of?

thank you

micampo

I’m in the same situation

pepeallen

i cant make a virtual server too

atheling

@iuliuv wrote:

On the router I did an iptables -L but I could not fine a rule that looked like the forwarded port. Is there another way to check the forwarded port rule?

To forwarding to “virtual servers” is done via the NAT table in iptables, so the results of the GUI operation can be checked on the shell via:

root@zeroshell root> iptables -L -n  -t nat

I know that virtual servers are working for me as I have both a web and mail server publicly available via a fixed IP address on my system. A screen shot of your virtual servers window might help in figuring out what has gone wrong.

JC

If I understand your issue correctly. You have a server on your private network 192.168.10.102 on port 8010. Now what I do to get my web/FTP/SSH/game servers to run on my network (I use zs.b15) go to on the left “Network -> Router” then on the top bar click “Virtual Server” a window pops up. Under “Input Interface” choose your internet connection (for me ppp0) “IP Address” (ANY) “Protocol” (choose apprpriate TCP, UDP, or TCP/UDP) “Local Port” (the port you want the world to connect to from your example 8010) “Remote IP” (the IP of your server from your example 192.168.10.102) “Remote Port” (the real port of the server) then click the + and the rule is active. This has worked for me for all I listed above plus an email server I was running at my last job.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.