Using Zeroshell QOS with VLAN tagged traffic.

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Using Zeroshell QOS with VLAN tagged traffic.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  amandler 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

amandler

I am reviewing the features of Zeroshell on your website, and I am particularly interested in the QOS functionality. I am a wireless Internet service provide in North Carolina, USA, with about 600 customers. In my current network configuration, I have a Linux box (debian) with a transparent bridge between my VLAN switch and core router that I use to monitor and log traffic using tools like ntop and pmacct. It’s working great. However, I would also like to be able to do some QOS on that bridge using tc qdisc, and I am having trouble marking the VLAN packets to filter them to particular qdiscs. I have experimented with iptables, tc filter commands, and ebtables, but cannot seem to successfully direct VLAN tagged packets to qdiscs.
    Will Zeroshell handle VLAN packets in it’s transparent bridge mode as described here: http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/qos/?

I am also interested in the captive portal functionality, and am downloading a copy of Zeroshell now to play with.

Thank you for your time.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.