Using Zeroshell on VMware ESX Server.

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Using Zeroshell on VMware ESX Server.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  unsichtbare 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

unsichtbare

I would like to use Zeroshell on an ESX Server but am presently having some difficulty as the ESX supports onlySCSI drives.
    I am using the ISO image, but when I create the database on a virtual disk, it will not boot.

Any suggestions?

-J

You use the CD ISO to boot, not the hard drive, unless you have set it up to boot from the hard drive (which is a bit more complicated than just installing). Otherwise, you boot from the ISO. Then use the web based GUI to create a DB on the VM’s hard disk, and that’s were the configuration (rules, etc) gets stored

@unsichtbare wrote:

I would like to use Zeroshell on an ESX Server but am presently having some difficulty as the ESX supports onlySCSI drives.
    I am using the ISO image, but when I create the database on a virtual disk, it will not boot.

Any suggestions?

-J

abale

Under the VM Options for the Zeroshell VM:

There is an option to force entry into the BIOS setup on boot.
    Once in the BIOS setup, go to the Boot options and set the CD-ROM (the Zeroshell ISO, mounted at Boot in the VM) to the first boot option.

Then it will work.

While not overly hard, this one took me about 2 hours to think about the fact that it needed to boot from the ISO after the DB was created. Before you create the DB, the VM’s HDD is blank, so it auto-boots from the CD. After creation, it tries to boot off the HDD first, so just shows up blank.

unsichtbare

You know, I think you may be right! It’s always the simplest things. Thanks.

-J

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.