Using L2TP/IPSec for iPhone

Home Page Forums Network Management VPN Using L2TP/IPSec for iPhone

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  r4ffles 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

r4ffles

We have about 20 travelling Sales staff who need to connect to our LAN from their laptops and we currently have a small OpenVPN setup for them to be able to do this.

Now we have given these guys iPhones, they also want to connect to the LAN to do Email and messaging from the iPhone. Although there is an OpenVPN client for iPhone, it is only possible to install on a jailbroken iPhone, so we need to be able to use the built-in vpn which uses PPTP or L2TP or IPsec.

I see that ZeroShell handles all these protocols (I don’t want PPTP because it is blocked by some countries that our reps have to travel to, so I need something that handles both OpenVPN (for their Laptops) and L2TP or IPsec (for iPhones).

I would like to use the same sign-on for both protocols and as Zeroshell has OpenLDAP built-in that would be my choice for authentication (username/Password), however I see from the Zeroshell documentation that IPSec requires a cetificate rather than username/password to authenticate and this would be a problem as I don’t believe the iPhone can handle certificates.

On my iPhone I have tried to setup an IPsec config and the “Use Certificate” box is greyed out.

In a nutshell, I want these RoadWarriors to be able to login using their Username and Password to both OpenVPN and L2TP or IPsec so they can access our LAN. They should also be able to access the Internet while on the VPN.

Can Zeroshell provide this connectivity?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

spdriver

an old posting, indeed…

Is there any solution for iPhone / iPad creating L2TP access to zeroshell server?

Don’t want break the IOS devices in any way, so OpenVPN isn’t a solution.

thank you.

drummer

Hi all,

is there any new way to connect anyhow my iphone to zeroshell via VPN ?
    I have seen, that there is already a free client with TUN, only issue is i can not make it to work.

Thanks
    Best regards.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.