Upgrade from ZS 0.1b13 to 0.1b14

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Upgrade from ZS 0.1b13 to 0.1b14

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ufoonline 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

ufoonline

Hello,

I’v written an update script for ZS Box installed trought CF image (like Alix and Soekris, or USBIDESATA image), it can be used on live remote system, wo the need to physically reach it.

I hope that w’ll be usefull:

cd /Database
    wget http://upload.it-connect.it/user_upload/users/Max/web/zeroshell/zeroshell-b13tob14.sh
    sh zeroshell-b13tob14.sh

Have fun ๐Ÿ™‚

SpeedD408

do add-on’s like Dan’s Guardian still work after running your upgrade script? Also I have a different Ethernet driver as the standard one as a bug. Would your script replace that driver or does it leave the kernel alone since it has not changed?

Thanks,

ufoonline

About dansguardian, I didnt know if it still work after an upgrade to Zs 1.0b14 u may ask to Fulvio or try it ๐Ÿ™‚

About the kernel, the script didnt update the kernel due it is always the same, it only do a “live update” of the cdrom partition.

SysEngBD

Thanks for this!

I upgraded a VM, an ALIX and two Soekris machines using this script with no issues.

Cheers

Running that king of script is always scary, I am posting only to add my conclusive usage of the script on a Soekris.
    It is indeed working find !
    Thank’s for making it available.

Hi,

Iยดve just updated my headless zeroshell box, smooth run, no issues, machine came back live functional and in version 1.0b14.

Excellent job, congratulations !!!

patrickt

Worked great for me as well. Great job!

atheling

Hi ufoonline!

Looking at your script it seems like the basic logic should work for upgrading from beta 12 to beta 14 too. Except that you have a specific check to guard against anything other than an upgrade from beta 13.

Is there a reason that is not apparent to me that would keep me from altering that check and using the script to update from beta 12 to beta 14?

Thanks!
    Atheling

atheling

Thank you ufoonline!

I tweaked the checks in your script to allow upgrades from beta 12 to beta 14 and it seems to have worked perfectly. My Net5501 ZS box now shows beta 14 and all my settings and patches remain intact.

A great little utility!

micampo

Hello friends if they used the script everything is working well?

thanks

atheling

@micampo wrote:

Hello friends if they used the script everything is working well?

thanks

Reading the thread, SysEngBD, sohozeroshell, AFSFigueiredo and patrickt were able to use the script successfully. I was also able to tweak the thread to upgrade from beta 12 and have it run successfully.

Plop

@ufoonline wrote:

Hello,

I’v written an update script for ZS Box installed trought CF image (like Alix and Soekris, or USBIDESATA image), it can be used on live remote system, wo the need to physically reach it.

cd /Database
    wget http://upload.it-connect.it/user_upload/users/Max/web/zeroshell/zeroshell-b13tob14.sh
    sh zeroshell-b13tob14.sh

Have fun ๐Ÿ™‚

Works like a charm, thank you ufoonline ๐Ÿ˜€

raven3433

@ufoonline wrote:

Hello,

cd /Database
    sh zeroshell-b13tob14.sh

Have fun ๐Ÿ™‚

Any chance for an actual update script from 14 to 15?
    Thanx in advance

RaVEn

The Dodger

I have modified the script myself and updated successfully to b15.
    You have to change just 4 lines:

export upgold=”1.0.beta14″
    export upgnew=”1.0.beta15″

export isosize=”161863680″
    export isomd5=”1e775e72984e5246479a42f8cdd012ab”

(These are already the new lines/sizes for b15, isosize and md5 is of course different from b14 to b15).

biGdada

@The Dodger wrote:

I have modified the script myself and updated successfully to b15.

Didn’t work for me. my /dev/hda2 (/cdrom) mount is 152mb, and beta15 image size is 154mb.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.