unAuthenticated users can see All X509 certs

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell unAuthenticated users can see All X509 certs

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  gkankanh 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

gkankanh

Hi
    Unauthenticated users are able to see the X.509 certs for all users in the system. I think this is a major security flaw.
    How do you disable it? I am trying to figure out the exact script that is generating this list. If you already know it save me some digging!!!
    All help appreciated
    GK

atheling

Not really a security flaw per se. The certificates contain the public key for the individual. That should not be a security risk. The whole idea of public keys is that they can be public.

I think the issue is that it exposes your user list which allows for phishing attempts.

For myself, I think that any directory server should not be accessible from outside your organization. If you are setting up users on Zeroshell then you are using it as a directory server and the home screen on it should not be accessible from outside your organization.

Inside your organization having your users visible should not be too big an issue.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

In any case the beta 13 allows to disable the unauthenticated certificate list.

Regards
    Fulvio

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.