Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(1,2)

Home Page Forums Network Management Signal a BUG Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(1,2)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Billy 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Billy

Hi there,

I’ve just gunzipped the image onto /dev/cciss/c0d0 on my proliant, and zeroshell boots ONLY if I have a pen-drive in a USB port. Otherwise it says:
    Probing [1] USB and SATA devices to startup the system…
    Probing [2] USB and SATA devices to startup the system…
    ….
    Probing [6] USB and SATA devices to startup the system…
    Bootstrap failure / Kernel panic.

Same happens if I copy the image onto a SINGLE drive attached to the server’s onboard SATA (not RAID) port.

More fun begins if I do insert the stick! The server still boots from cciss/sata, and:
    /boot mounts to /dev/sda1
    /cdrom mounts to /dev/sda2
    BUT!!!
    /Database mounts to /dev/cciss/c0d0p3 (or /dev/sdb3 in case of SATA)!!!

Default config is set to the cciss / sata drive respectively, not USB stick.

I think it’s weird. What am I doing wrong?

hi, I have this problem too,

anybody know what can I do for it???

please help mee

Billy

I think the best idea is to leave this distro alone, and configure a package that is doing the same from standard linux software.
    I have, half a year ago.

rharrison

To Billy and amindoctorate, you may wish to try again as there is a sort of guide which has worked for myself on a ProLiant DL380 G3 with SCSI disks.

I realise this is old, if you are still checking here the link is: http://zeroshell.wikidot.com/dl380g3

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.