Unable to login to Web GUI

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Unable to login to Web GUI

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  marc 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

marc

Hi…

My ZeroShell server has been running for about 1 month. The last time I logged into the GUI was about 2 weeks ago. Today I tried logging in again, but keep getting the message “Login failed!!!”.

I login using username “admin” and the password that I set. In order to be sure of the password, I even ssh-ed into the machine and changed the password like this:

> kadmin.local
    > cpw admin
    Enter new password: ********
    Re-enter new password: ********
    > q

What am I doing wrong/what is going on?

Marc.

marc

I have been doing some more investigating and am getting a step closer.

I noticed that it has to do with closing down the firewall. If I enable tcp port 443 in the INPUT chain and then go to use the web interface, I get to the login screen. However, when I login it will tell me “Login failed!!!”. When I have the firewall completely open, I can login.

The question then becomes: with respect to firewall configuration, other than port 443, what other rules are required to make the web interface work?

Marc.

marc

Hi all,

I found that if I allow all traffic to and from the loopback interface I can login to the web interface again.

Any thoughts on if this is a secure way of doing things?

Marc.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.