Unable to Get WAN DHCP Address

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Unable to Get WAN DHCP Address

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Stephen Cook 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Stephen Cook
    Participant

I have a very strange problem here. Looking in the forum I see other people had this same problem, but quite a few years ago. I tried the suggestions anyhow, and they didn’t work.

The problem is ZS will not pickup a DHCP address from my WAN. The service is a fixed wireless where the router is integrated with the outdoor antenna.

When I connect ZS to the external antenna/router the dhcp request times out. However when I hook the Netgear router back up it gets the dhcp address right away.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Stephen Cook
    Participant

Well, I finally found my problem. I am running ZeroShell in a VM on an ESXi 6.7.0 server, and using USB Ethernet controllers. ESXi 6.7.0 server does not support USB Ethernet controllers, however there was recently a “USB Network Native Driver for ESXi” released as a Technical Preview. The only problem with the USB Network Driver technical preview is it only does 1000Mbs/Full duplex. The fixed wireless router is at least four years old and appears to only support 100 Mbs/Full duplex. Once I put a little five port switch between the ESXi 6.7.0 server and the fixed wireless router, ZeroShell was able to get a DHCP address.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.