Two machines at the same time?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Two machines at the same time?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Selanec 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Selanec

I tried starting two machines at the same time, but it seems they don’t work since I cant ping the second one although they are in same range. Any help?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Are they VMware machines? are you sure that you are using bridged interfaces?

Selanec

I copied the Zeroshell folder twice as Zeroshell1 and Zeroshell2 … tried to run them both at the same time as different machines but only one of them works. The other one doesn’t work even though both machines have different IPs under the same subnet. 10.1.1.253 and 10.1.1.254 under 10.1.1.x subnet.
    I needed two machines because the DHCP server has no option for more than one Gateways and DNS servers.
    I suggest (if possible) changing the pop-up window for adding of Static IP Entries at the DHCP server with adding Range, DG and DNS for every client separately, not only IP and MAC.

Regards,
    Selanec

Selanec

And yes, both machines use bridged interfaces

Selanec

After spoofing the MAC addresses the both virtual machines work fine.
    I guess the problem was that VMware was addressing them with the same MAC address.
    Now I can add one more DHCP server with another DG and DNS.
    :):):)

imported_fulvio
    Participant

This is a good workaround. I will try to find a definitive solution as soon as possible.

Selanec

Adding a web interface for changing the MAC would be good idea. Something like all the code already added, just to type the MAC and press Apply button to change the rc.local, with a Add to Start check box.
    Something like chew chew… swallow!
    For us illiterate here. πŸ˜€

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Actually, I do not understand why you need to change the mac address within Zeroshell. I think you should be able to change it in the virtual machine configuration file.

Regards
    Fulvio

Selanec

I was reading about it before posting this thread.
    VMware is made to overwrite the Zeroshell.vmx and all other virtual machine’s vmx files to it’s original state at every startup, giving them VMware MAC range. It allows static changes to the conf file but within 00:50:56:XX:YY:ZZ range. And that is still a VMware range. I want my own MAC. πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.