Two different 3g USB dongles – Same devices created

Home Page Forums Network Management Linux and Networking Two different 3g USB dongles – Same devices created

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  antonio.pisano.it 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone,

first of all, I want to thank Fulvio for developing this excellent Linux distribution, both powerful and easy to use and that is enriching with new features year after year.

This is my situation. I have created an Internet gateway using Zeroshell and 3g USB dongles for connectivity. Single-dongle configuration was very easy, but I had a problem adding a second one.

The two devices are from different vendors, but same carrier. The first one creates correctly 4 entries in dev, from /dev/ttyUSB0 up to /dev/ttyUSB3. I can use /dev/ttyUSB0 in the web UI to configure the connection and this works properly.

When the second device is attached to the system, it also creates the same devices (/dev/ttyUSB0 up to /dev/ttyUSB3), as I can see from the output of dmesg. This prevents me from connecting with the second dongle, as the entries are already “taken” from the first one.

I could try with a 3rd dongle of the same vendor and model as the first one and this worked: system creates devices from /dev/ttyUSB4 to /dev/ttyUSB7 and I can connect with both dongles without problems using load balancing.

What could I do to let the system create different entries for the second dongle?

Thanks in advance for any help

Antonio

arebacollins

Hello,
    Im getting the exact same problem, as such only one device gets recognized and this is what the error log tells me:

Device ttyUSB1 is locked by pid 10701

Anyone?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.