Time-based classifying

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  AtroposX 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

AtroposX

I see you can shape by more/less traffic and parallel connections, but what about time-based options? I know time can be done for days of the week and certain times of a day/week can be classified, but what about shaping after a certain amount of time for a connection?

Such as, after/before 20 seconds of traffic used by a subnet, move to “this speed”, then after/before 60 seconds, move to “this speed”, etc.

Running a cat on /proc/net/ip_tables_matches, doesn’t display any time based modules that appear can be used for this scenario.

This way an ip/subnet can have a burstable pipe, then get tiered back if used for over a given amount of time.

atheling

That would be a nice feature. I did a little searching around but did not see a way to do that exactly.

If you are looking at web page usage, maybe the “recent” filter/action could be pressed into service as each page would be a new TCP session. But it would not work for something where there is a long lived session transferring lots of data.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.